Friday, November 10, 2017

Battle Angel Alita

For this week's assignment, I read "Battle Angel Alita," by Yukito Kishiro. It's funny, I recently started following this podcast "Salt and Honey," run by two of my favorite current comic artist, (Sloane and Leslie Hung) and this was one that was recommended. Battle Angel Alita was very heavily influenced by classic Sci-fi and cyberpunk, which I'm a huge fan of. All of the shots and scenes that took place in space were really detailed and well done, super creepy and surreal. I loved how she was drawn and portrayed, she seemed really powerful and tough, but also reached points where she was almost abstract. Some of the horror was kind of hard to stomach at times. A bunch of that is too high level for me, but overall I did enjoy the story and art.

No comments:

Post a Comment