Thursday, January 25, 2018

Glyceride and The Enigma of Amigara


The two comics that were recommended to me were were Glyceride,
by Jinji Ito, and The Enigma of amigara Fault, by the same. I’m a bit
of a wimp when it comes to horror, (Ironic I know, considering the
class’s title.) So these two specifically were supposed to be for the
faint of heart. The first one I read, about the creepy human-shaped-holes
in the mountain, was absolutely erie. Even though there were no blood and/or
guts, it was terrifying on a psychological. The manic obsession these
people had surrounding the holes, and the mystery of never knowing
exactly what happens, was a terrifying combo. The second story I read,
about the grease house, was a different kind of creepy. I cringed multiple
times, from the descriptions of the disgusting grime, heat and sweat. All
of the depictions of the acne were downright horrifying. In terms of story
I didn’t totally understand it, I wasn’t sure if it was going for shock value
or just thrill but there wasn’t a lot of explanation in the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment